Saturday, December 22, 2007

DAMN those bankers and the government!!!!!

I hate the stupid system and the man.

Day One: I deposited two checks on the 15th at Wells Fargo. (Beware of the teller Noelene! I'll explain below.) I knew I was low on cash and had waited till I had two checks to deposit. I put in about $290 and went about my daily expenditures of eating out and getting coffee and whatnot. (Or so I thought. It turns out I didn't have that money in my account. I was over drawing! What B*#$@ SH*&. Sorry for the language, but I feel a lot better now. Though I didn't know this yet.)

Day Three: I had checked online to see how much money I had. I saw that there were four pending expenses and only 8 bucks in the account. I didn't worry. I thought they computer system was slow to updating the new deposits online or something. I actually trusted them. What I fool I was!

Day Four: I got this e-mail that had the "urgent" stamp, you know, the red markings and whatnot. The title read something about overdraft fees. I didn't even have to open it (but I did), I knew exactly what it was. (I'm grinding my teeth right now I'm so angry.) I went online and saw that I was now $204 under and had no way of buying anything. Too bad if I was hungry and wanted something to eat.

Day Five: By the time I had a chance to call them and make sure the account was read right, things were already in deep water. I placed my call to the Wells Fargo customer support and they took down my information for an "investigation". They asked for some information on my transaction receipt and I got it out. That's when the shit hit the fan. I almost lost it. On the receipt it said, "Cash Received: $296.82" That stupid teller had made the transaction as if I had got all the money back and didn't deposit any! I did ask for twenty back, but not the whole amount. I new it was going to be a mess, but I figured this "investigation" would make things right. But when do the corporations ever really help out the little man?

Day Seven: Now at home, and thinking that I would have all my problems solved, I rested in a semi-state of peace. I was out shopping with my mom, going to Home Depot, when I got the phone call. The lady said she was with Wells Fargo; I figured things were fixed. She proceeded to tell me that there was nothing she could do, that I would have to go into the branch and take it up in person. I was pissed, but what could I do? Here is some of the conversation:

[After she told me there was nothing she could do];
Me: "Okay, but I still need to live and survive...."
Wells Fargo: "Yeah....What do you mean?"
Me: "I need to pay bills, buy food, and all the other stuff. How can I do that with absolutely no money in my account? What if I have an emergency?"
Wells Fargo: "Well I can call the branch for you, sir, and see what I can do. But you will need to take it up in person."
[After some silence and a few menial words.]
Me: "Okay, thank you [in a sarcastic voice]."

Lets take a little detour for a minute. We all know that little law that sits there over our heads when things are going wrong, Murphy's Law. Here is a good picture of what it's about and how I felt.



So I called the bank when I got home and they said the same thing...I have to go in person and they would sit down with me and would "investigate". I WILL get my money back! If I have to threaten their loss of my business and a law suit, I will get it back.

Alex...tell your dad I might be contacting him in the near future.

I've had it! I'm sticking it to the man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Viva La Revolution!!!

1 comment:

Alex Hackett said...

Well I am sorry about that. That really sucks. Fight it.