Saturday, December 22, 2007

My sister is not the best driver!

So tonight I went out with my oldest sister. We were going to meet my other sister and her family at a local camp in some nearby mountains. My nieces had a girl scout star sighting thing there. I thought, "What fun! A science related activity that lets me spend some time with my nieces and sisters." Well, the whole night wasn't quite what I expected. It was probably in the upper 30s, a little sprinkling of snow on the ground, and everyone with their heaviest coats and mittens on, complaining that they were freezing. I had a long sleeve shirt and a jacket...I was fine. And to top that all off, there were clouds over most of the sky. How lame! So it goes without saying that there wasn't really any star gazing.
What could make the evening any worse you ask? Well, If you knew my sister's driving you would have a clue. The ride up there was kinda bad, but I had prepared myself and we took it slow. The ride back was a different story. She is INSANE!!!! She never is aware of her surroundings which means she swerves into other lanes, misses exits, and worst of all...she doesn't see the semi trucks barreling into our lane! I press down on the floor board as hard as I could, hoping I might be able to somehow press the break. I feared for my life most of the ride.
When I got home, I went straight to my mom with these words: "Never again, mom. Never again."
So when I said to Alex and Matt as I saw them off at the airport, "I hope I don't get killed in LA", I meant it in more than one way.

1 comment:

Alex Hackett said...

I'm glad you're alright, but you still have a handful of days left in L.A. Watch yourself and buy a bullet proof vest. And you should always wear Matt's kevlar helmet.